Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Means Calving Time

IMG_9518I don’t think there is anything much cuter on our farm than when the cows start having their calves.  Our herd is nearly half done calving now so there are lots of little calves running around.  I went out the other day late afternoon with my camera and got these photos.  Enjoy!IMG_9558Notice the calf in the background on the photo below.  It is jumping and going to take off running with it’s mama close behind mooing.  I can just hear her yelling “stop, stop, you have to stay by me.”  After the calves are only a day or two old they love to run and chase each other but the cows don’t like that so much so follow them around the lot.  I seems like late afternoon is when they do more running around for some reason.
IMG_9503
IMG_9543
IMG_9510
IMG_9524As you probably noticed on the photos so far the cows and calves are all pretty much looking right at the camera.  No fancy tricks used to accomplish this either.  They are really curious animals and watched me the entire time I was photographing.  I was standing outside the fence and they would gather close to figure out what I was doing I guess.  Some of the cows in the photos have had their calves and some have not and their bellies are huge.  I am sure they feel like a 9 month pregnant woman in that their legs and back ache and will be glad to get rid of that extra weight and greet their new baby!
IMG_9585
IMG_9580
IMG_9586
IMG_9570
Until Later,
Lynn

2 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I myself am craving new babies... and some new baby calves are hopefully in my camera lens this weekend!!! happy easter, miss lynn!

Rhonda said...

Those babies are soooo cute. I just love watching them grow and play!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...