Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hot Pad or Christmas Mug Rug

Another friend just gave me a hot pad as a gift.  It is made like the ones I make out of old denim blue jeans.  I blogged about them on this post from back on July 21 2011.  Check it out for a tutorial.  You can find more of these potholders on blog posts here and here  too.
IMG_2718-flakeIMG_2718-flakeIMG_2718-flakeIMG_2718-flakeIMG_2718-flake
As you can see I have decided to use this newest one as a mug rug for my pot of tea and my mug.  I use it every morning as I sip my tea and read my morning email and the newest posts from my favorite bloggers. (Yes, I make my tea using loose leaf tea in a coffee press and it works great!)IMG_2716
This particular hot pad is a little smaller than I make mine but works great all the same.  Wanted to use this one a lot right now as it is a Christmas themed one with candy canes on the fabric.
IMG_2718IMG_2719
These really do make the best pot holders and so quick easy to make too.  In fact they are the only ones I use now.  No heat comes through and no burns to my hands with these.IMG_2718-flake
Until Later,
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...