Sunday, February 1, 2015

Nebraska State Quilt Guild Challenge–Janet’s Block

IMG_2212Challenge rules for the Nebraska State Quilt Guild 2015 are at bottom of this blog if you don’t remember what they were from my previous post about the challenge. 

I didn’t get a photo of Janet’s block before I added my border but you can figure it out what it was, a pinwheel block.  I added the applique circle flowers, stems and leaves on 3 of the 4 sides of the border.  I again used the dissoluble paper like interfacing inside the leaves and flowers.  The stems are bias cut and tiny.  I had purchased a 1/8” bias maker from Clover and this is the first time I used it and it worked great to make the tiny stems.  IMG_2216The photo above is before appliqueing when everything was glued down using a glue stick.IMG_2217 After the applique was done by machine using a clear polyester thread.  I love it and hope Janet does too.

Until later,
Lynn

Challenge Rules - It is a round robin challenge with a team of 4-5 quilters of your choice.  Each quilt will start with a 9” finished center block.  You will build around the center block using borders with the following shapes—pinwheels, circles, diamonds, applique, and some embellishment.  The front of the quilt must have at least one of each shape listed but you may use more of these shapes if you wish.  Each quilt cannot exceed 120 total inches around.  It must be quilted, bound and a label sewn on the back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...